Learn about the benefits of eating salad.
Grand Lux Café takes their salads seriously. Unlike other restaurants where greens only seem like afterthoughts, Grand Lux has a wide range of wonderful and delicious salads in their menu. They group them into three: Market Greens, Small, and Grand.
These are some of the best that they have on their lineup:
- Rainbow Thai – Mixed Greens, Mint, Carrots, Toasted Almonds, Fresh Basil, Cilantro, Pea Shoots, and Asian Peanut Dressing
- Chili-Lime Chicken and Mango – Avocado, Grilled Chicken, Sweet Mango, Jicama, Cilantro and Romaine, Sweet Corn, Onions, Crispy Tortillas, and Chili-Lime Vinaigrette
- Seafood – Shrimp, Avocado, Lump Crab, Tomato, Green Beans, Egg, Corn, Bed of Crisp Romaine, Celery, Green Onion, and ‘Louis’ Dressing
- Experts agree that people need to eat more vegetables and fruits as they are nutrient-rich and add to a person’s overall health. Foods that are found to be significantly protective are beans and peas, apples, nectarines, tomatoes, carrots, string beans, peppers, plums, pears, peaches, and strawberries. By eating salads frequently, especially raw vegetables, your blood will have high levels of powerful antioxidants, such as alpha- and beta-carotene, lycopene, folic acid, and vitamins C and E. These antioxidants are helpful in protecting the body from the harmful effects of free radicals. Healthy eating also reduces the risks of many diseases, including cancer and heart problems. Furthermore, a high-fiber diet can prevent constipation and lower cholesterol levels.
- By eating salads, you are able to stack up smart fats. These are monounsaturated fats that can be found in nuts, avocado, and olive oil, and they help the body absorb phytochemicals, such as lutein from dark green vegetables and lycopene from tomatoes. The phytochemicals are needed by the body’s defense system against illnesses. Studies show that eating plenty of raw vegetables and olive oil is linked to longer lifespans.
- Increase satisfaction and cut calories. It is no secret that eating fruits and vegetables is helpful if your goal is to lose weight. On your first course, eat them because they are low in calories, and they enhance the feeling of fullness, which will can cut the overall amount of calories you intake during the whole meal. Remember however that when you eat salads, don’t put a lot of dressing or add-ons that are full of fats because they will only undermine the health effects of your greens.